Friday, June 16, 2006

a french painter

 


We were at a dinner party some time ago and met some new french people. Somehow the conversation came around to my own french heritage and I mentioned my mother's family name, Hebert. One of the guests asked if I knew of the french painter Ernest Hebert? Proudly showing my American ignorance, I said no. I then learned that there are two Hebert museums in France - one in Grenoble, just south of here, and one in Paris. When my cousin visited a few months ago, we thought about going to the one nearby but never quite made the trip so when I was in Paris last weekend and walking around, I stumbled upon a sign pointing to the Hebert museum. I was really excited about going there and so we planned our afternoon to spend some time browsing through it. When we got to the boarded up building, we read the sign that said that they are currently renovating the museum... and the sign was dated 2004. Dissapointing, but two years to renovate? Maybe next time. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter