Thursday, November 17, 2005

always intertaining

What did you learn in school today?” I remember asking that question at the dinner table one night when my first 2 kids were really young. The oldest (who must have been in first grade) answered, “BLUE… we learned about the color blue.” I turned to my daughter who was in a Montessori pre-school and asked the same question to which she responded, “Vincent Van Gogh… we learned about Vincent Van Gogh today.”

That story came to mind last night when I asked Paul what he learned in tutoring today. He said he learned more of the (whatever) tense. He then asked me what I learned in French school today and I said,
“I learned how to say the equivalent of It’s raining cats and dogs....."

Il pleu comme vache qui pisse.

Well..... It doesn’t actually mean “raining cats and dogs” … instead, it’s the expression that the French use that means that it’s raining a whole lot. Literally.... it rains like a cow pisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter