Sunday, November 13, 2005

New Discoveries, New Connections

 

I just finished eating a persimmon. We bought it at the market this morning and it was so delicious! My grandmother had a persimmon tree, so did my aunt, and I looked forward to eating as many as I could during this time of year.

“The persimmon tree is even more spectacular after the fall of the leaves. In November to December only the fruits remain on the tree, visible then by far in the countryside as they begin to announce the festival of Christmas!”

In the market they were called Kaki. I thought this was a strange name and when we got home, we looked up the French word for this fruit. Kaki is the Japanese word, the French word is...
“la plaquemine”...
as in Plaquemine parish...
In Louisiana! where the town of Buras is located!

Wow, I never knew that! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter