Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What??

Paul came home last night after his french tutoring session and told me that he was learning a new tense. I said, "what, another one?? how many tenses are there, and how many do you need???" Before that conversation, I was feeling pretty good about my progress. I just got moved up a level at my french school and I can talk in the past, the present and the future. So why do you need all those tenses?

So then I did a little research. Did you know:
There are 17 different tenses in French? Gees, I got a l-o-n-g way to go!

So it seems that all I do now is memorize verb conjugations. No problem.

Do you realize that in french, if there are
10,000 verbs times the number of tenses (17)
and then you have 6 persons per tense... me, you, other you, her/him, they, and us

.. so mutiply that...
if my math is right - 1,020,000 conjugated forms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter