Monday, May 29, 2006

What wine to buy?

It’s all good. All the wine is good. We were in the grocery store last week and I saw a promotion for a bottle of wine for 1 euro. I put it in the grocery basket when Paul wasn’t looking because I know he would have told me to put it back... the wine can’t be good if it only cost a euro. My thinking was ... so what ... it’s cheaper than water! It’s at least worth a try! A few days later we drank it and it was good!

But maybe I still don’t know the difference. There are so many choices. Just going to the quickie-mart, one whole wall is filled with wine, and it’s a tough decision. Recently however, I have learned a trick when shopping at the supermarket ... we tend to go late in the day on Saturday ... the crowds have cleared ... and so it’s not so stressful. The trick to buying wine is that I always buy bottle of wine that is one of the few left for a particular kind. My thinking is ... they know better than I do what’s a good wine for the price, right? So if the shelf is cleared out of a particular wine, it is cleared out for a reason ... and so I buy that wine too!

So far, the system has served me well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter