Friday, April 07, 2006

What wine is that?

Spring is in the air. No... I’m not smelling ligustrum. It was 0 degrees yesterday morning but the sun is out and the trees are starting to bud... and that give me hope. But my suspicions about the arrival of spring were confirmed this morning as I was shopping at the supermarket. In the wine department, there was a young couple making out in front of the Bordeaux and Cotes-du-Rhone.

Its not really unusual to see these public displays of affection, after all ... this is France. But this incident brought to mind a similar one that happened to us about a month ago. As we were walking along the sidewalk to our friends' apartment, a young man was straining his neck to read the label on the bottle that Paul was carrying. It was important for him to know what kind of wine we were going to drink that night.

In the supermarket, as these young lovers were lip-locked, I reached behind them to grab a bottle of Saint-Joseph. I heard the girl ask the guy what type of wine I was buying. With only a pause in their passion, he replied, “Saint-Joseph”. They went back to their business as I put the bottle in my cart and moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter