Tuesday, April 04, 2006

same song, different verse

Theres got to be a better way! No school again today as any Frenchman old enough to walk is in the streets protesting the CPE again. Mass transportation is shut down and many people are not working.

Tourism is a big business in France. Has anyone connected any dots here? Let me help... riots in the street... tourists stay away... nobody needed to work in the hotels, restaurants, museums, tourist shops... add that to the already high unemployment in france right now... and the CPE is going to “make” jobs for the young and unemployed... the unemployed (in particular) who have no education... so we close the schools today... that is... the remaining schools that were not trashed during the riots... hmmm.

And another question... is there some form of government over here? or is protesting in the street the only way? Why not phone your congressman?? Write letters?

The street in front of my apartment must be the main protest street. They are at it again. I am a prisoner in my own apartment. All I can do is watch from my window and shake my head in disbelief.

And here are a few more questions...
Why is the protest being led by college students?
Why is that all of our French friends think that this protesting is really stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter