Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sitting in the dark

The fun never ends. I spent the day yesterday in the suburbs with my French friend Armelle. (And, yeah, I had to speak French all day.) I took the Metro, then the bus out to her area and she picked me up at the bus stop. We went to the market, the bakery, and the mall. We fixed lunch and sat around and talked. Her daughter joined us during her lunch break. It was a really wonderful day. Paul picked me up after he finished with work.

I hadn’t fixed a dinner so we went out to eat. It was late when we entered the apartment and were greeted with the smell of electricity burning. I quickly unplugged the computer, the modem, and all the other doo-dads associated with my electronic communications headquarters and then we tried to diagnose the problem. No luck.

Well... every now and then we get ads in our mailbox for home repairs. I had 2 of them tucked in a drawer. Paul gave one of them a call. He told the answering machine of the problem and asked that they call us back. After an hour, no call came so we tried the second number. This time, Paul made sure that he told them to call back “tout de suite”. No call.

Today I waited patiently (in the dark) for the electrician to call. I had no computer, no TV, nothing electrical turned on. Around mid-afternoon I was going kinda stir crazy so I took off for the mall. I returned... never did I receive a call about the electrical problem. I finally turned the computer and phone back on. I decided I would fry happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter