Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

or (subtitle) “the national sport of France”

Early today from my window, I started noticing lots of people walking in the direction away from the river. Mid morning I heard chaos from my window. The manifestation (protest parade) had arrived on the street below. The parade went on as far as the eye could see. There was lots of noise, chanting, singing, rapping... fireworks going off, horns blowing, and sign holding.

Karaoke trucks went by. These are flatbeds with a speaker system set up and the group in the back of the truck are leading the walking group in a song with lyrics to protest the CPE. I couldn’t tell you what they were saying, but I heard a lot of “liberte” and CPE (pronounced “say pay ay”) so they rhyme. I even heard a song set to the music of “Limbo Rock”!! Ah, you got to love the French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter