Thursday, November 10, 2005

getting a little bit closer

Day 14 of the riots in France...
On the way to work Paul saw a tow truck with a burned-out car. That made the violence around here a bit more real. Today I heard on the news that some of the bombs last night caused power outages in some of the city. It didn't happen to us, but at my French school today, one of my Japanese classmates told me that she didn't have power last night because a bomb was thrown into the power station near her house. And the subways are open during the daylight hours only, but I think I will continue to walk...

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As we view the situation in France, from the perspective of the newspapers here, it is portrayed that practically the whole country is up in arms and up in flames. Is the violence as intense as the media here has portrayed it to be?
- alex

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger me said...

The expat newspaper sums it up best:
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=25&story_id=25291&name=Expats+deluged+with+worried+calls+from+home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter