Friday, September 30, 2005

...continuation of trip...

Here I am reporting again, this time from Tours, the city where we will be staying for 2 nights. We are still in the northwestern part of france as we go around the country counterclockwise.

We went to see the D-Day memorial and Normandy beaches - something I had little interest in viewing but it turned out to be worth the trip. We saw a film telling the story of D-Day with only pictures and music. There were many before and after images of French cities - before they were bombed, beautiful and full of life - and then after... completely destroyed. I couldn't help draw the analogy to New Orleans - devasted by hurricane Katrina and it seeming that it could never recover. But if these French cities endured the bombing and destruction and then rebuilt better and stronger, then surely Nezw Orleans can do the same.

Along the Normandy beaches it was windy and cold and I could feel myself getting sick (I really could) as I breathed in that damp air so I am now suffering from my infamous hacking-cough, stuffy-nose illness that I seem to get every couple of years. yuck. so yesterday was more of a travel day and I got to relax on the bus.

Today we tour the chateaus on the Loire. Paul and I visited the area in 1984 so I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Check out a few more pictures.
At these hotels I have to buy time to use the computers and they are idiot-proof or hacker-proof, depending on how you look at it..; but I can only upload ONE PICTURE AT A TIME).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter