Thursday, September 22, 2005

Clear Lake woman evacuates to France

A Clear Lake woman, in an attempt to flee the approaching hurricane Rita has hopped aboard an Air France jet destined to Paris, then on to Lyon.
....sensational yes, true yes... but here is the real story...

My friend Ginny and I began planninig a trip around France when we first learned of our move abroad. It just happened that the timing of this trip is good - or bad - depending on how you look at it. She departed on the day that evacuation began for the Clear Lake area.

She arrived today and we plan to catch the TGV to Paris to enjoy a few days hanging out there until the tour actually starts on Monday evening. I will probably not post while I am gone unless I can find an Internet cafe to occasionally update the blog. Or else you may be reading "Paul posts" every now and then.

I will continue to journal the old fashioned way - yeah, paper and pen.

A Bientot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter