Monday, June 20, 2005

my chores for the day

Each day I have a new assignment. Today's assignment is two-fold. I must mail some letters (actually bills) and I have to change the light bulb in the closet. While that may sound like a simple assignment to you, it may not turn out to be as easy as it sounds. First of all, to mail the letters, I can either go to the post office which is about 10-15 blocks away, or I can try to find a post office drop box. The box idea sounds much easier, but I don't know where the closest one is, so I will have to wander around looking for something bright yellow. And then if I don't find a box, I can always go to the post office (la poste). Wish me luck...

My second task it to change the light bulb in the closet. The ceiling is probably 12 feet high and our ladder is not nearly tall enough to reach the bulb. But that is only half of the story. I don't exactly know what type of light bulb is needed to replace the burnt one. So it may actually require two trips up the ladder - one to take the old bulb down, and one to replace the bulb. But before I can replace the bulb, I will have to make a trip to a store to find a bulb to match the one I need to replace. Oh, and .... yeah.... we haven't gotten around yet to buying light fixtures.

So... I'm on my way to do my day's work! I'll report back later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter