Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm glad you approve

It was going to be a good night. We were planning on watching the opening ceremonies (live!) of the Olympics and have dinner with our American friends. On the menu for the night was Beef Bourguignon so it called for a good wine. We decided to bring along a St. Emillion that was recommended to us by our “cave man.” (The wine store around the corner is called a “cave” and the man who works in the store and guides our weekly wine purchases is who I lovingly have named the “caveman”.)

On the way to our friends’ house, we have to pass lots of really interesting art galleries. I can’t help but occasionally stop and look into the windows. Paul was carrying the bottle of wine and had walked on as I had gotten distracted by another shop window. As I turned to catch up with him, I noticed a young man following very closely behind Paul, straining his neck to read the label on the wine bottle that Paul was carrying. At some point he figured out what the label said. At that time, I saw his face... he made a typical French expression... pushing out his bottom lip and nodding his head as if to say...’ah oui, good choice’. That made the wine taste all the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter