Friday, January 20, 2006

counting the days....

I leave tomorrow for my tag-along trip to the states. I'm reminded of two things that my former-expat-friend Tim told me. One thing he said is that we should often get "out of culture". He was so right. I'm so ready to get out of culture! And I'm equally ready to get "in" American culture. I just can't wait to visit Taco Bell... shop in the evenings - maybe even on Sunday... get my hair cut by someone who (maybe) understands how I want it cut.... and I want to laze around and mindlessly watch TV. I also plan to laze around reading the SUNDAY newspaper that is full of comics, ads, and who-knows-what else. And... maybe I will catch a glimpse of le soleil (uhm, sorry, in English... the sun!)

The other thing Tim talked about was how on our first trip home we would be filling extra suitcases with "stuff". At the time that he told me ... I didn't really understand why I would do that, but I certainly understand it now! I've got a long list of things I will be shopping for... cake mixes... books (lots of books)... craft supplies... paper with lines going across the page (not graph paper) ... the list is quite long!

So while I will be away only 5 days, I will probably not have much access to a computer and therefore this blog may lie dormant for a short time.

But... "y'all come back now!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter