Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Watch the mail

I just finished work on our Christmas cards for this year. They are ready to mail. For family and friends who have received our cards in the past, you know what to expect. We have been sending Christmas cards designed by the same person ever since we got married 27 years ago. The card designer is Ted Naos. Coincidently, he teaches architecture at CUA where Kate is a student. When we learned that he was a prof there, we hoped she would have the opportunity to take a class with him, or at the very least, get to meet him.

In the fall of her sophomore year, she had a studio class with him. She learned that he earned his degree from the University of Texas... so ... they had much in common and talked about missing Texas. She also told him about our love of his cards and he told her some history behind a few of the special designs. He even sent us a very kind letter thanking us and telling us what a delight it was to have Kate in his class (well, of course!).

Kate also learned that he is from Greece and that he spends every spring semester in his homeland. I had not realized just how much his home country of Greece had influenced his designs until...

One day I was walking past a travel agency window and saw a poster advertising trips to Greece. And wow, it hit me. The poster looked just like the Christmas card designs!

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize I'm responding to your blog a year too late, but I too have sent x-mas cards by Ted Naos for 14 years now. I have a friend who has collected all 14. I'm having more and more difficulty finding new ones that meet my criteria, that is all or mostly white. Do you have any inside info?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger me said...

try www.tednaos.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter