Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sweet Potatoes!

 Walking out and about the other day, we passed a market where the fruit and veggies were out on the street. I noticed that they had sweet potatoes. I had never seen them before in a store over here, so I (naturalment) wanted to go in and buy some. We were in a hurry so Paul didn’t really want to stop. He also said, “If they have them there, they will have them other places so you can get them later.” Later never came.

So then we went off on our trip to Aix-en-Provence and while there, we went to their really huge market. We saw so many different types of mushrooms – it was unbelievable! And so much other produce. But no sweet potatoes! And of course, I mentioned that there were no sweet potatoes at every opportunity. My thinking was…. if they didn’t have them there, they must be hard to find. I knew I would have to go back to the market where we saw them in the first place.

So when we returned from our trip, we parked the car in front of the apartment, unloaded, I went in, and then Paul went to put the car in the garage. He returned home with a bag of eight sweet potatoes! ...better than flowers or chocolate!

I will cook them and then freeze them so that we can have them for Thanksgiving. He said it cost him 10 euros for 8 potatoes. Ouch.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter