Monday, September 05, 2005

Oh my goodness!

Today begins day one of more French classes for both of us. I went this morning to take a placement exam and then have petit déjuner (breakfast) with my classmates. It looks like there are 3 of us Americans in the group of new students. One man is from DC and another from la californie. Too bad that this California guy is giving Californians and Americans a bad rap! I sat next to him at breakfast and listened to him go on and on about how bad his accommodations are with a family who has opened their home to him. He is complaining :

  1. that they live too far away from the school – what he doesn’t understand is that the school is located in the “business district” and that the farther away you live, the nicer your house is…. I think it works that way in California, doesn’t it?? Who lives in central LA??

  1. that there are no window screens and therefore bugs are coming into his room – I don’t think they “do” window screens here… we don’t have any and I haven’t seen any yet in other places… and besides… there are hardly any bugs! I’m pretty shocked by that coming from the gulf coast and living with cockroaches, mosquitoes, fire ants, cicadas and who knows what else! What’s the deal? California doesn’t have bugs? In the three months I have been here, I have seen about 5 mosquitoes and a few moths.

  1. that the family doesn’t really house him in their living quarters – they have given him an apartment-style room in their basement - what a luxury…. and after hearing the American students complain last summer about having to live with the family, I think he has the better deal!

Anyway… I’m venting… sorry.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pope prays for victims
HHS Chief: Katrina Death Toll in Thousands Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies of Cancer Bush Says He'll Fill Vacancies Promptly New Orleans Begins Grisly Cleanup Ala.
Well said! My website on senior dog careis about lots of senior dog care related issues. Please feel free to check it out. There's a free report for you there on dog health, too!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger me said...

huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter