Saturday, June 25, 2005

to market, to market

There are markets all around our area and it's hard to remember which market is open on which days. I will eventually figure it out, but I do know that one down our street is always open on Friday so Jeff and I went to the market. I gave him some money and an assignment to buy some fruit. (Just like I used to do when the kids were little and we would go to the supermarket - I would give them a "budget" and they would have to find and purchase things). So Jeff bought some nice apples. I got some eggplant and salad stuff. The lady who sold me the spinach was all apologetic because it had been so hot here in Lyon and she thought the spinach looked bad and wilted. Compared to what we get in the states, it looked great! It is interesting, only the fruits and veggies in season are sold - so eggplant is everywhere! It will be fun to watch what is for sale as the seasons change.

After the market, as we were walking home, Jeff took some nice pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter